Facilitating Decision-making Through Analysis of Temperature and Relative Humidity Data
Have you ever looked at a temperature and relative humidity measurements and wondered what they can tell you and why they are important for your collection?
The Getty Conservation Institute and the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA) in collaboration with its partners* are organizing a 3-day workshop that will help you better understand data analysis.
After this course:
– You will be able to interpret different visuals and translate this to improved collection care
– You will learn how to use different existing tools and manipulate them to generate your own interesting graphs.
– You will know how you can use this data for different collection purposes, though an overview of different case studies.
We recognize that temperature and relative humidity might not be the biggest risk for our collections, however, they do have an very significant impact on museum management and budget.
This course will help you easily identify problems and choose the most adequate numerical and visuals result to answer your questions.
We aim at all different types of cultural heritage institutions; from churches to purpose built museums and we look at different uses for your data; from formulating loan requirements to building requirements.
This workshop combines courses and case studies with readings and exercises to give you a broad spectrum of the different types of information that temperature and relative humidity analysis can give you.
* with the support of all partners for the ‘Resilient Storage’ project. A project that focusses on energy optimization for small to mid-size museums:
Spoken language : English.
Educational / professional participant:
– Student (EUR 15)
– Teacher (EUR 25)
– Heritage professional (EUR 25)
– Heritage professional from partner institution (Free)
Disclaimer: If subscriptions are full, we will start a waiting list. By 16/05/2022, we will confirm if you are selected directly or on the waiting list. If any places free up, we will allow people from the waiting list to join.
Registration closes on: 25/05/2022.