Conference Day: Conservation Talks | Big research in tiny speeches @La Boverie11/12/2018
Want to know more about conservation research & theses in Belgium?
This event focuses on research in conservation from Belgium. It aims to gather heritage professionals & students around short presentations and interactive sessions about recent research and theses. Conservation Talks is an opportunity for conservators to get in touch, exchange and enrich their research/practice; and for students and young graduates to make a first step in the professional world and get a constructive input about their project.
Date & venue
December 11, 2018 La Boverie, Liège
- 10:00 // Welcome - coffee
- 10:30 // Introduction- 10:40 // Session 1: Ethical reflection Estelle De Bruyn | The sustainable storage and its perspectives for small-scale institutions (ENSAV La Cambre) Negin Eisazadeh | Towards an Inclusive Approach to Built Heritage Values (ULiège / KU Leuven-PhD) Annie Gilbert | All-ceramic hybrids: identification, thoughts and choices(ENSAV La Cambre) Emilie Desbarax | Atypic conservation: Problematic of African paintings on flour sack (ESA Saint-Luc)
- 11:30 // Interactive session- 12:00 // Lunch at “Madame Boverie” / Behind the scenes (guided tour of La Boverie)
- 13:30 // Session 2: Work-in-progress Marianne Rochebeuf & Alexis Guillou | Study and conservation of an ancient polychrome wooden Egyptian coffin (ENSAV La Cambre) Wivine Roland-Gosselin | Conservation-restoration treatment adapted to painted enamels; suitable material(s) and implementations for filling the lacks of enamel (ENSAV La Cambre) Laure Malherbe | Use of 3D porcelain printing for the restoration of porcelain objects (ESA Saint-Luc) Océane Magnier | Study of the adhesion of copper paintings, according to the procedures of the old treaties (ESA Saint-Luc) Najma Bras | How to improve the internal and external transportation of works in La Cambre collection? Towards a loan policy? (ENSAV La Cambre)
- 14:00 // David Lainé | APROA-BRK Prize
- 14:10 // Session 3: Historical approach Liesbeth Langouche | The use of clear window glass in Flanders in the 15th till 19th century (UAntwerpen-PhD) Séverine Coibion | Study of the stability of Paraloid® B-72 used as varnish on oil paintings preserved in non-ideal conservation conditions (ESA Saint-Luc) Emmanuelle Nsunda | René Magritte, practitioner: archaeometrical study of two artworks «La forêt» and «Le mariage de minuit» (ULiège)
- 14:45 // Interactive session
- 15:15 // Break
- 15:45 // Session 4: Technical solutions Sophie Hawotte | Additive manufacturing technologies for heritage preservation and transmission. 3D printing available for the conservator (ENSAV La Cambre) Isabelle Cuoco | A reversible alternative for the gap-filling on glass fiber reinforced polyester artefacts: a case study (ESA Saint-Luc) Laura Guilluy | The mechanical behavior of new synthetics adhesives for the re-joining of panel paintings, comparative study of ParaloidTM B-72, ParaloidTM B-44, ParaloidTM B-48 and their mixtures (ENSAV La Cambre) Clémence Jacqmin | Retouching unvarnished acrylic emulsion paintings: a comparative study of suitable retouching materials (ENSAV La Cambre)
- 16:45 // Caitlin Southwick | SiC - Sustainability in Conservation
- 17:00 // Interactive session
- 17:30 // Conclusion - End
25 EUR for students
55 EUR for professionals
Fees include lunch & coffee-tea-break at La Boverie
The communication will be in English, beginners are welcome!
> Registration deadline: November 20, 2018 / Limited number of participants - students and heritage professionals.
Conservation Talks is organised by SHAKE in Conservation with the support of La Boverie and the Echevinat de la Culture de la Ville de Liège and the collaboration of the conservation departments of ENSAV La Cambre, ESA Saint-Luc Liège and UAntwerpen.
Pas de réservations